5.6.11

Her two cents

My seatmate at church absolutely inspired my to sing.

No, not because she was beautiful, the was a middle-aged woman who seemed to be burdened by care and worry. Not that she sings well, either; if I was a choir master she will never make the cut. Her diction was too hard and her tone was all over the place.

The stunning fact is that in spite of all these things (well, actually the last thing entirely), she still sang with all of her heart and strength. The first time I head her in mass was verrry startling. I usually sing softer when I know my voice isn't optimal. And here she was, belting out the hymns as if her life was depending on it (actually, it does, even for you and me. but that would be another entry altogether). I was starting to feel embarrassed for her, however, when the thought struck me: am I really embarrassed for her? Or was it my pride flaring up?

What a humbling thought.

I realized that for a few moments, I was gloating because I can sing better than her. But we were basically doing the same thing: singing with all of our hearts. Voice-wise, it was all of our two cents. Nothing could beat that, even the most audacious and angelic-voiced choirs. And after realizing that, I found that I could sing with an even more open heart. Therapy and prayer, just the way I like it.

P.S. Bestfriend wasn't able to go to church this time, bled again. Maybe that's why the minister gave me two ostias. Hmmm..

P.P.S Brother wasn't able to go with us three weeks running. Hope he could swing by the next, though he's as touchy as a ripe pimple

2 axon connections:

Unknown said...

Cool post.. Godly huh.. LOL

Neokiro said...

Thanks, minsan minsan lang naman yan :P

Post a Comment