21.11.11

Day 2: An article of faith

I believe in God. However, as much as I believe the doctrines that the Church that represents my God hold, I cannot see myself strictly adhering to it's traditions and tenets. And most likely, if you believe what I'm supposed to believe, you will have to consider yourself an abomination, too. No, I do not believe in a God that will create my for the sole purpose of vilifying my entire existence. As much as I cannot believe that the same loving, merciful God will painstakingly create images of the Divine and cast them unto the eternal pyre, with no chance for redemption.

The God I know transcends my knowledge and understanding, but not to the point that all is unknowable.And the same unknowable God gives me experiences to catch a glimpse of understanding- usually by using people around me as finite illustrations of an infinite concept.

Many things are left out and, truthfully, for many other things I do not know to express. This is what I know. This is what I believe.

5 axon connections:

Unknown said...

A missionary's son here, it is hard to adhere of what the church has been blabbing us to follow. things aren't that easy. But always remember that God do not focus on mistakes, he checked our hearts and what we desires in life. And what matters the most is- you have a strong faith to God. it is not what others said, it is what you do for/with God.

Neokiro said...

Tim: thanks for those uplifting words. It is just hurtful that some people will use the concept of God to legitimize their notions. And kudos to your parents, their vocation is a difficult, necessary it may be.

dario the jagged little egg said...

Very well said..I totally agree..I wish I could write as well as you do : )

Neokiro said...

@daniel: thanks po...uhm just have confidence in your abilities, maganda na naman pagkakasulat mo sa blog mo ah :)

dario the jagged little egg said...

Thanks : )

Post a Comment