1.9.11

Sparks

When I first met you, I swore that I will only love you as a friend.
And I did, through twists and bends.
Then you left, for reasons I will never know
Though only in your absence how my love for you has grown.

Burnt bridges are the hardest to cross
Even harder than bridges covered in moss
My sighs become melodies in the wind
Bewailing the time, the choices that had us cleaved

Fate and chance conspire to give me hope
False or true, I fearfully clutch the rope
I made the first step, but found myself wanting
Too terrified to go up, my heart is left hanging

You were the flame that might have been
That coveted spark that never found its kindling
My heart can be the coal that will ignite the flame
But my heart is afraid, so it locked itself up in my brain.

0 axon connections:

Post a Comment